Orbis are currently recruiting staff to join our team in the North East area, great rates of pay, full training given.
Support Workers full and part time to provide 24/7 support, role will involve weekends, evenings and sleep in’s – £10.00 per hour (sleep in’s are paid at NMW) to provide support to a young man with Autism
Service Leader – Full time to provide 24/7 support role will involve weekend, evening and sleep in’s. To manage a team of support staff – £12.00 per hour to provide support to a young man with Autism.
Female Support Worker – We are looking for female staff members to work during the night to support a young woman who requires 24 hour support in the North Tyneside area within a residential care setting. The position is purely “Waking Nights.” We are looking for individuals with sound values, passionate about providing the best quality services . You must be caring and motivated and have the skills to provide intensive support throughout the night. £10.00 per hour
If you believe you have the following attributes then we would like to hear from you:
- Positive attitude
- Good value base
- Good levels of empathy
- Natural ability to form positive relationships
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- To provide unconditional positive regard
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Committed to the rights of the people we support
- Experience of working with Autism (not essential)
- We are looking to recruit as soon possible, this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Key responsibilities:
- Encourage development for life skills in relation to domestic task, social activities, money management and relations as appropriate to the individual.
- Provide personal care to maintain high standards of person hygiene.
- To provide stimulating activities to ensure the person being supported has a full and stimulating life, ensuring that the service provided reflects the views, wishes and opinions of the person being supported.
- Carry out a range of household tasks including some cleaning, cooking and washing, ensuring that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To be fully conversant and act in accordance with Orbis Support Ltd’s Policies & Procedures and Systems.
- Record and inform senior staff of any changes observed in physical health or behaviour and assist with any necessary action in emergencies or where changes require medical attention. Document changes as required by internal systems.
- Update documentation and daily records and follow support plan.
- Liaise as required with families, carer’s advocate and professionals involved in supporting people.
- Comply with all the legal responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation. Be aware of and act in accordance with requirements and all internal rules and relating to Health & Safety and hygiene, also fire service and Environmental Health Department regulations.
- Carry out house administration duties as required.
- Co-operate with and participate positively in staff activities and duties, including staff and house meetings, supervision session’s performance and reviews.
- Attend training sessions.
- Act calmly and professionally at all times.
- Undertake any other duties and tasks required as directed by senior staff.
- Orbis Support Ltd are dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs and the responsibilities detailed above may vary within the job role.
If you would like more information call 0191 338 5737