Orbis are currently recruiting support staff to join our team in the North East area, great rates of pay, full training given. If you believe you are or you have the following then we want to hear from you.
- Positive attitude
- Good value base
- Good levels of empathy
- Natural ability to form positive relationships
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- To provide unconditional positive regrad
- Be resourceful
- Willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Committed to the rights of the people we support
This role is subject to Enhanced DBS check
For more information or an application pack call Orbis Support Office on 0191 500 7994 alternatively you can download an application pack below
We are delighted to be asked to post this advert written by a truly inspiring young 27 year old woman whom Orbis will be supporting in the near future. This is an amazing and unique opportunity to support an intelligent, talented young woman in her own home and community.
Please read her job advert and contact us if you are passionate about the rights of people, loyal and always willing to go the extra mile.
I enjoy running, climbing and swimming. I have a complicated neurological disorder so I require monitoring and medication administered. I love to paint, I’m a science writer and a trained masseuse. I will be moving into my own flat in Gateshead but require full time support. I’m looking for active carers who are prepared to take me for a run and encourage me with daily chores. I present with strong, unpredictable psychotic behaviour and anxiety. Delusions and hallucinations are a common occurrence alongside problems with concentration, motivation and memory.
I am largely independent, but I do require constant support. I will regularly go out with friends and socialise but need help around the home and emotional support through difficult episodes. I love to read and write and generally i’m good company. Cooking and baking are passions of mine.
I developed encephalitis in my early twenties and have gone through several treatments, some which are ongoing. I need support in appointments and general life.
My Job Description
- Monitoring and administering medication
- To follow my support plan and update daily records and documentation
- Support me with shopping, cleaning and cooking to ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- To accompany me on runs and other sports and activities
- To encourage and support me to develop life skills in relation to domestic tasks, social activities and money management
- To ensure my views, wishes and opinions are adhered to
- To follow instruction as given by senior staff
- To comply with health and safety regulations
- To attend training, staff meetings, supervisions and appraisals
- To undertake all other duties and tasks and to provide flexible and dedicated support that responds to changing needs.
We are looking to recruit Support Workers full and part time to provide support, this role will involve weekends, evenings and nights – £10.00 per hour
The right person(s) should be fun loving and active and able to build a strong professional relationship to encourage ideas and activities to ensure this inspiring young woman has an active and fulfilled life.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Encourage development for life skills in relation to domestic task, social activities, money management and relations as appropriate to the individual.
- Provide personal care to maintain high standards of person hygiene.
- To provide stimulating activities to ensure the person being supported has a full and stimulating life, ensuring that the service provided reflects the views, wishes and opinions of the person being supported.
- Carry out a range of household tasks including some cleaning, cooking and washing, ensuring that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To be fully conversant and act in accordance with Orbis Support Ltd’s Policies & Procedures and Systems.
- Record and inform senior staff of any changes observed in physical health or behaviour and assist with any necessary action in emergencies or where changes require medical attention. Document changes as required by internal systems.
- Update documentation and daily records and follow support plan.
- Liaise as required with families, carer’s advocate and professionals involved in supporting people.
- Comply with all the legal responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation. Be aware of and act in accordance with requirements and all internal rules and relating to Health & Safety and hygiene, also fire service and Environmental Health Department regulations.
- Carry out house administration duties as required.
- Co-operate with and participate positively in staff activities and duties, including staff and house meetings, supervision session’s performance and reviews.
- Attend training sessions.
- Act calmly and professionally at all times.
- Undertake any other duties and tasks required as directed by senior staff.
- Orbis Support Ltd are dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs and the responsibilities detailed above may vary within the job role.
If you would like more information call 0191 500 7994