We are an organisation that specialise in providing bespoke packages of support to people with learning disabilities and complex needs who wish to live within the community in their own home and we are looking for an enthusiastic person with empathy and compassion to join our team.
We are looking to recruit a female service leader to join our team of support staff to support two ladies with complex health needs. The right person will require to have a good understanding of dealing with medical requirements such as suction care, peg feeding, skin care and moving an handling.
This role will involve working shifts that include days, weekends, evening and sleep in’s as this is 24 hour support.
If you believe you are or have the following then we want to hear from you.
- Positive attitude
- Positive management skills
- Good organisation skills
- Good value base
- Good levels of empathy
- Natural ability to form positive relationships
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- To provide unconditional positive regard
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Committed to rights of the people we support
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible, this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Main Job purpose
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the effective daily operation of their service and to work closely with the operations manager to effectively manage the service and lead the team to ensure that all aspects of the ladies health needs are met.
- To work as directed by senior management in the daily running and management of the service.
- To oversee and manage medication – to administer, record, stock control and re-ordering.
- To ensure that the service is fully compliant with company’s Safeguarding policy.
- To comply and be aware of policies and procedures.
- To be part of the interview process for new members of staff for their designated service and to be responsible for inducting all new staff within the team
- To be responsible for arranging team meetings, recording minutes and to oversee any actions are carried out.
- To conduct staff supervisions and appraisals.
- To produce rotas for staff to operate a full 24 hour shift pattern over a seven day period and authorise time sheets for payroll.
- To be responsible for he management of finances with their designated service.
- To be part of the on call out of hours system.
- To be responsible for managing the environment and ensuring that Health & Safety is compliant.
- To ensure that the service complies with the Care Quality Commission regulations.
- To ensure that all administration with the service complies fully with Orbis Support and all documentation is kept up to date.
- To ensure that all staff fully comply with company sickness policy. To monitor levels of sickness and to complete a Return to work with staff.
- To authorise and manage staff holidays.
This list is not conclusive and the post holder may be asked to carry out other tasks necessary for the benefit of the company and the people we support.
Orbis Support Ltd are dedicated to providing support that is flexible and responsive to changing needs and the responsibilities detailed above may vary within the job role.
This role is Full time and permanent and is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
Salary: £12.00 and hour.
If you would like more information call 0191 500 7994 or email
contact @orbissupport.co.uk for an application pack.
Closing Date 21st April 2019